BUSY MAN BEER BRISKET TECHNIQUE - using a Pellet Smoker. Smoke overnight, Boat all day, ready after work.
The simplest 100% success rate method to cook a Brisket for Sunday Lunch, or for Dinner after work..
Sat 8pm Prep & Inject Brisket:
- Prep a Brisket by trimming of all fat and silver skin off the Brisket underside, this will become our Top.
- Trim any thick chunks of fat off the Fat Cap, leave lots on as this will be our Underside and most fat will simply melt and drip off.
- Mix up 2/3 cup MOIST MEAT BOMB powder with 5 cups liquid. I mix 50% VB Beer and 50% water and you can taste the Hops in the meat. Craft Beers would give even more flavour.
- Inject the meat evenly from all sides at a slight horizontal angle with our thin 14G 6” Needle.
- Coat meat in a spicy Rub like our HOTnSMOKEY CAJUN RUB or JAMAICAN JERK RUB.
- Cover meat with a 2nd layer of Rub, using our DALMATION RUB, the sweet Blossom Flakes of salt and Hot fresh Cracked Pepper produce a great black crunchy Bark.
Sat 9pm Smoke Brisket:
- For additional smoke flavour, fill our SMOKING BARREL withLUMBERJACK 100% HICKORY PELLETS (n.b. some other Pellet Blends go out). Stand Barrel vertical and start with a Blowtorch and let burn for 2 mins then place horizontal at back of Smoker for 6hrs of extra smoke.
- Put Brisket in Pellet Smoker on our FROGMAT non stick smoker mesh for less cleaning later.
- Turn Smoker on to 107C or similar and check the Brisket tomorrow morning.
Sun 7am Make a Brisket Boat:
- Melt 6 Beef Cubes in 8 cups hot water and pour in a large Tinfoil Tray.
- Place Brisket in Broth Tray like an Island and cover with tinfoil, loosely crimped around edges. Tightly crimping the tinfoil cover may steam your crunchy Bark.
- Put in house oven at 120C for Lunch, or 100C for Dinner. If Brisket hits 96C internal cooked temp early, turn oven down to 90C and leave it for up to 24hrs! That’s how Restaurants serve Hot Brisket over 1-2 days.
- When 96C internal, turn oven off and rest for 30-60 mins, then Serve.