MAKE SMOKED PASTRAMI VERY EASILY.
- Buy Corned Beef Silverside from Aldi, Tasman, etc. - Rinse off and submerge meat for 1 hr to remove the Brining salt.
- Take out and slice off fat and silverside skin.
- Mix MOIST MUSTARD BOMB with water in 1 to 6 ratio ie. 1 measure of powder to 6 measures water.
- Inject meat thoroughly till it won't take any more.
- Mix 1 part ACTIVATED CHARCOAL GUNPOWDER RUB with 3 parts or more of CRACKED PEPPER in a large bowl.
- Roll the injected Corned Beef in the Pepper coating.
- Place meat in BBQ Smoker and Smoke like a Brisket around 12 hrs at approx 120C.
- When internal meat temp reaches 65C/150F, wrap single ply in PINK BUTCHER PAPER to prevent meat drying out and to continue Smoking. Increase cooker temp to approx 135C to get heat and smoke through the paper.
- Cook to 82C/180F internal meat temp and rest 1hr in another layer of Pink Butcher Paper or place a towel on top. Pastrami is best sliced and served cold the next day.
- Slice very thin. Serve plain, or cover slices in Mustard or White Bechamel Sauce.