MEAT COOKING TEMPS QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE:
Optimal internal meat temps for perfectly cooked meats. Use a Meat Probe to read temp.
BEEF BURGERS or SILVERSIDE: 71C/160F
BEEF BRISKET 96°C205F must be jelly like when fork probing.
- Wrap in Genuine OREN PINK BUTCHER PAPER at 71C/160F as fats will be rendered out. Smoke still penetrates through Genuine Oren Smoking Paper,but juices stay in. See 'meat stall' below.
BEEF RIBS: 92C/198F
BEEF STEAKS: Rare 52C 125F Med Rare 57°C/135F Med 63C 145F Med Well Done: 66C 150F Well Done 66-68°C/154F
FISH: Med 63°C /145F
LAMB: Med 65/150F Well Done 71°C/160F
PORK: Med 71°C/160F Well Done 77°C/171F.
HOME MADE BACON: Smoke or Bake in oven to 66C/150F then slice thin and fry in frypan or cook in oven or air fryer.
PORK RIBS: 95C/203F
PULLED PORK: 94°C/201F
- Wrap in Pink Butcher Paper at 160F/71C as fats will be rendered out. Smoke still penetrates but juices stay in. See MEAT STALL explanation below.
SAUSAGES SNAGS: 71°C /160F
TURKEY: 70C/158F - Cook for 3 hrs at 180C/350F
VENISON: 55C/131F - 63C/140F
KANGAROO: Med Rare 57°C/135°F Med 65C/149F
WHAT IS A MEAT STALL? BRISKET AND PORK MEAT COOKING STALL EXPLAINED:-
A meat stall happens in chunks of meat like Beef Brisket and Pulled Pork at 150-160F/71C. It is a phenomenon where roast meat reaches an internal temp then stops rising in temperature for 2-4 hrs. This is a waste of smoking time & BBQ resources, and it can allow the meat to dry out.
To prevent the stall, wrap single ply in Oren's Pink Butcher Paper at 160F/71C as this will keep your precious Bark dry and it continues smoking, you can add extra Rub or BBQ sauce at this time, then return it to the Smoker. Wrapping in tinfoil steams your Bark and stops the smoking process.
HOW TO WRAP BRISKET IN PINK BUTCHER PAPER:-
- Place sheet on table
- put on cotton inner gloves and XL Black Nitrile Gloves to protect hands from hot meat
- Take Brisket from smoker and flip on to paper with crunchy Bark top face down
- Fold ends over meat, then fold sides over meat.
- Flip back over so Bark is at top again and return to Smoker till internal temp hits 201F/96C.
- Take out and rest meat for 1 hr minimum with a towel over the top of the paper or wrap in more paper.
- Slice cross grain or pull it apart and shred for Pulled Brisket.
N.B. Wrap single ply so smoke can penetrate meat and continue smoking process. The hard underside will now soften with meat juices.
INJECT WITH MOIST OR MOIST MEAT BOMB FOR SOFT SUCCULENT TENDER JUICY MEATS, even dry lean Game Meats like Venison, Kangaroo, and Wallaby become soft and tender!